Shakespeare Conservatory is a year-round acting intensive for students interested in a deeper exploration of Shakespeare through performance of his works. The program is open to students ages 12-18 at all levels. This class is a pre-requisite for Team Shakespeare, the Festival’s apprentice troupe. Students must complete a year of Shakespeare Conservatory to be considered for admission to Team Shakespeare.
- Tuition is $300 per student.
- 2021 Spring classes will be held virtually using the ZOOM platform.
- Classes run Sundays, 2:00 – 4:00 PM from February 7 – May 9, 2021.
Help your child connect with an artistic community of other kids! Heart of America Shakespeare Festival is bringing its signature Shakespeare Conservatory straight to your living room VIRTUALLY. Your student will collaborate, create, learn language and presentation skills, build confidence, and HAVE FUN – ALL FROM HOME!
- In our interactive and creative virtual classroom, students will explore Shakespeare’s plays, life, and times, as well as learn acting techniques to help bring the text to life.
- Professional teaching artists will lead students through the class via live sessions, individualized coaching, and interactive projects.
- Classes will concentrate on process-based lesson plans to focus on the growth of each student individually and as an ensemble.
- Shakespeare Conservatory will culminate in a virtual presentation for friends and families to enjoy.
- Students will need access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer with a camera and microphone, and a stable internet connection.