Shakespeare Conservatory is a year-round acting intensive for students interested in a deeper exploration of Shakespeare through performance of his works. The program is open to students ages 11-18 at all levels. This class is a pre-requisite for Team Shakespeare, the Festival’s apprentice troupe. Students must complete a year of Shakespeare Conservatory to be considered for admission to Team Shakespeare.
Location: Shakespeare Studio, 3732 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111
Time and Dates:
- Sundays, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- September 12 – December 19, 2021
- Final performance December 19, 2021
- No class November 28, 2021
All students 12+ must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to participate. Masks will be required at all times. We will continue to monitor and follow all CDC and KCMO health guidelines. For any questions regarding this new policy, please contact Director of Education, Matt Rapport, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-531-7728.
- In our interactive and creative classroom, students will explore Shakespeare’s plays, life, and times, as well as learn acting techniques to help bring the text to life.
- Professional teaching artists will lead students through the class, with individualized coaching, and interactive projects.
- Classes will concentrate on process-based lesson plans to focus on the growth of each student individually and as an ensemble.
- Shakespeare Conservatory will culminate in a presentation for friends and families to enjoy.
- Students may need access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer with a camera and microphone, and a stable internet connection.