Core Values of Our Education Programs
The Three Witches in MacbethWe at the Heart of America Shakespeare Festival believe…
* That high artistic standards and professionalism are essential to successful arts education programs.
* In setting high expectations that respect and acknowledge the potential of every young person.
* In programs that value the process of collaboration, which in turn teach the power of community and the strength of common goals.
* That young people should be given opportunities for public moments of personal accomplishment.
* In experiences that build bridges across the divides of race, class and gender.
* In providing a place for young people to take risks, knowing that learning to fail is as important to developing resilience and building character as success.
* In using the works of Shakespeare as a lens through which one can acquire performance skills, explore history, encourage literacy, inspire creative writing, and provide an interactive playground for cultural understanding.